- January 4, 2023
- Posted by: adminz
Mr Munashe Shava is a seasoned mining executive with vast greenfield and brownfield mining start-ups expertise. He possesses solid multi mineral commodity experience across regional and national geographical environments. He has both management and leadership experiences acquired when he set up and ran mines during phases of mineral economic expansion, world mineral markets depressions and rapid market contraction.
Mr Shava is a member at the following institutions: Mine Managers’ Association of Zimbabwe, The Southern Africa Institute of Mining and Metallurgy and the Institute of Directors of Zimbabwe.
He is currently the Chief Operating Officer and project leader at Great Dyke Investments where he has served since March 2014. Mr Shava has held senior roles in the mining industry, where he has been, General Manager and Chief Executive Officer at Apex Minerals, Mine Manager and General Manager at Marange Resources, Mine Manager and General Manager at Noventa Ltd (HAMC Limitada Mozambique, Mine Manager and General Manager at River Ranch Diamond Mine, Senior Mining Engineer at Zimbabwe Platinum Mines, Senior Mining Superintendent at Anglo American Corporation Zimbabwe Ltd and Mine Overseer at Kinross Gold Corporation.
Mr Shava holds a Master of Science Leadership and Change Management from Leeds Becket University, Advanced Certificate in Project Management from University of Cape Town, Mining Engineering Diploma from Zimbabwe School of Mines and a Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Corporate Governance and Strategic Leadership from Midlands State University.
His current and past directorship includes the following:
• Non-Executive Director – Kamativi Mining Company – August 2022 to Present
• Reconstruction Administrator – Hwange Colliery Company Limited – August 2022 to Present
• Non-Executive Director – Zimchem Refineries – July 2021
• Non-Executive Director – National Building Society (NBS) 2017 – 2020
• Non-Executive Director – Mosia Tunya Development Company 2018 – 2021
• Co-Assistant Administrator – Hwange Colliery Company Ltd Nov 2018 – July 2022